To Texas And Back...Part 1
Sorry for the LOOOONG delay in posting! The month of July has seriously flown! Sarah and I survived our road trip - the kids did really great! We stayed at our time share in Oklahoma the first night and traveled into Dallas the next afternoon to hang out with Jennifer for a while. We then drove a little further and stayed Friday night with my friend Juli from South Carolina. The kids loved getting to see each other again! I was sleeping in the room with Karis and Alexa. We put the girls to bed around 10:00 and I headed to bed about an hour later. When I walked up to the door, I could still hear them whispering back and forth. "I'm going to miss you." "Me too." It was so cute! 
We left bright and early Saturday morning so we could meet up with Robin and Emily (and boys) at the Chick-fil-a in Houston for lunch. We then had about an hour to kill before meeting up with my parents, so we hung out at Sarah's house where it was quite entertaining to watch the boys interact! Brody is the oldest at 2, although size wise, they're all about even! Gideon turns two in September, Cooper's next in January, and of course Cameron just turned one. Catching all four boys in the same photo was impossible, but I managed to get three of them, and this cute one of Gideon and Brody figuring out the ball popper!

My time in Texas was, as usual, a whirlwind. I loved spending time catching up with my family! The kids enjoyed playing with their cousins, and Papaw's animals were a big hit!
The girls got to help him feed Daisy, a not-so-baby goat who still loves the bottle, and Classy, the 20-something horse he's been nursing back to health had finally put on enough weight to handle a few riders! She really is a beautiful horse and I cannot believe the difference between December, when you could count all of her bones, and July.

On of my assignments while in Texas was to sort through the many boxes of high school memories and childhood toys and determine which ones I really wanted to keep (and therefore move to Iowa with me) and which items I might be ready to part with. I have always loved hats, and one box contained several hats that went with various outfits in high school...as you can see, my son enjoys hats too! And he was kind enough to share them with his Pawpaw!

1 comment:
Jen, Alexa riding the horse makes me a bit jealous. Neil has plenty of opportunity for it, but rarely does he take advatage of it! Oh well, I heard that boys don't get as excited about horses until they're older?
Bobbie
Post a Comment