
October 21, 2010...it was a date more anticipated than Christmas at our house this year. It was the date our family was once again whole. I will forever be grateful for the support of our friends and family members during the last year. The visits, the phone calls, the help that was provided without my ever asking, and the prayers...without it all, I honestly don't know how we would have survived. So many emotions fight for dominance when a deployment ends and you finally see your Soldier face to face, but if I had to describe what I felt with just one word, it would be relieved. Relieved that he was home, safe and sound. Relieved that we had managed to 'survive' the time apart. Relieved that my best friend was back, and I again had someone with which to share life's challenges and triumphs. There really are no words to accurately describe the feeling, the knowledge that life was once again as it should be...but maybe the photos say it well enough...














No comments:
Post a Comment