Sunday, August 07, 2011

Birthday Celebration!

On August 2nd, Alexa turned 8.  I knew time moved faster once you had kids, but it just doesn't seem possible that my baby girl is 8!  I have to remind myself that she is no longer the tiny, boisterous, imaginative toddler who loved dancing and talking and being silly.  Now, she's my fun-loving, outgoing, caring 'tween'...who still loves dancing and talking and being silly...so maybe not too much has changed.  ;)  But seriously, I am so proud of the young lady she is becoming.

On the 2nd, We spent the entire day together as a family.  My oldest is a planner, and she typically chooses her 'birthday party theme' months in advance.  She had actually picked this theme 2 years ago.  Around age 6, Alexa informed me that she wanted to have a rock star party for her 7th birthday (which we did) and a sports party for her 8th birthday.  Alexa's favorite sports include golf, swimming, gymnastics, and cheerleading - not the traditional sports used to decorate for sports parties - so the night before her big day, I printed out graphics for the sports she enjoyed and decorated the dining room.



The day began with opening presents...




...then a birthday lunch of mac and cheese at one of her favorite restaurants.


We then went to Thunder Island, an amusement park just north of us which offers two of her sports - mini-golf and swimming.  I didn't get any photos of the water park, since I didn't want to get the camera wet, but Alexa went down her first tube slide and loved it!  Brody passed on the water slides, but thoroughly enjoyed the lazy river.  :)  And they both enjoyed the safari-themed mini-golf course!






After a full day, we headed home for dinner and her birthday pie (she chose pie over cake this year).  All in all, it was an amazing, full filled day celebrating the day we were blessed with our precious girl!

No comments: