Alexa is still doing well--she is at such a cute age right now and keeps us entertained constantly! (I know these stories are much more entertaining to a parent, but I'm going to share them anyway!) She has gone to my last two appointments with me since Billy was at work and tells everyone (nurses, people in the waiting room, etc) that her baby brother is in my tummy. At my last visit, the nurse asked Alexa if she could have her baby brother. Alexa studied her very seriously for a moment, then responded, "Noooo."
On the 14th, we finally had a chance to go to a local church. We told Alexa the day before that we were going to go to Sunday School the next day and she was so excited, she didn't want to go to bed that night. We had found the church in the newspaper and then looked at their website, but really had no idea what to expect. When we arrived Sunday, we were shocked at how HUGE it was! It's comparable to some of the large churches in Houston, which are much bigger than anything Billy and I are used to. Luckily, they had a welcome center to help us figure out where to go. Alexa was all smiles and twirling in her new spring dress that her Aunt Misty had bought her, and the lady at the welcome center asked her how she was doing. She stopped twirling momentarily and said in her loudest voice, "I want to go to Sunday School!" They showed us where her classroom was and even though she had never been there before, she waltzed right in and started playing-no tears, no hesitation! Everyone was really nice and they encourage small groups so the church does not seem so large.
Anyway, I finally took some photos of the house with furniture--it's still not completely unpacked and the house is not clean in these photos, but the lighting is best in the day, and with an eager two-year old who loves to play, the house never looks clean during the day! :)


I've also included a few photos of Brody's room-still a work in progress since there is nothing on the walls, but I figure he won't be too concerned about that! His closet is so cute with the tiny clothes hanging in it and all the blankets and shoes and little hats!



And lastly, there are photos of Alexa "practicing" being a big sister! She loves her babies and takes them everywhere with her (literally--she even pushed one of her babies in one of her little strollers to the park).


We're still waiting for Billy's "permanent" orders, but they say this week (it could be a very eventful week!) so hopefully my next post will contain the info that his orders have indeed began and include photos of the newest addition to our family!!
2 comments:
I was just thinking about you this morning and wondering if little Brody had made his entrance yet. I love how you've done the house an I love seeing pictures of his room. I'm big on the details, so thanks for sharing. I'm 26 weeks today and praying for as many weeks as I can get at this point after all the preemies I've known. We miss you and love you and pray the very best for your family as you welcome Brody to the clan soon!
Love, Sarah, Travis, and Emma
Sounds like things are going well for you! The house looks great. Did you paint already? LOL. Hopefully your mom made it up there safe and sending safe travel vibes to your dad. Please tell him we said hi. Can't wait to hear the news about Brody's arrival.
Love, Sean, Renee', Kayti and Keeli
Post a Comment