It's been a busy few weeks since my last post!! Billy came home on October 8th after being gone to Ft. McCoy for three weeks. October 8th happened to be my 30th birthday, so he was my best present, especially since he doesn't have to travel again until January!!

We've spent lots of time with Misty, John, and John, Jr. over the last few weeks, as well as Mom and Dad since Mom stayed with Misty for three weeks to help with the baby. On October 9th, we took Alexa to the children's museum. They have a 40 foot replica of a child which is one of their "biggest" attractions. Alexa, however, didn't want to be anywhere near him!
Dad came up on October 12th and went with us on Alexa's class field trip on October 13th. It was so cute! They got to pick out a pumpkin, go on a hayride, and meet all kinds of friendly farm animals! The little girl in the photos with Alexa is her friend Allie.

Brody had his four month check up this month and weighs a whopping 11 lb 8 oz (apparently my kids are just small babies). He keeps us smiling all day! He's so happy and laughs all the time. He's rolled over from his stomach to his back several times, and rolls really well from his back to his side, but hasn't quite flipped completely onto his stomach from his back yet.
As you can see from the photos, he's also made friends with one of our cats.

This week, I started teaching music at Alexa's preschool (translation: I sing and act silly with the kids and get paid for it!). We had so much fun! Mondays I sing with the one year olds (that involved a lot of me singing and them staring), Tuesdays I have three and four year olds, and Wednesdays I have two year olds.
They get to wear their costumes on Monday the 30th, so I had Alexa try her costume on today to make sure everything fit well. Her Aunt Misty picked everything out! They got her the Minnie dress and headband at Walt Disney world, and found the gloves and shoes in Charleston. Alexa LOVES her outfit and wore it all day today! I'm sure it's going to get quite a bit of wear before Halloween ever hits!!

And of course this blog entry wouldn't be complete without an amusing story about my precious three year old...it actually got cold enough in Columbia this week for us to turn on our heater for the first time. As is typical with the first time the heater runs for the season, the entire house had a burnt plastic smell for a few minutes. Alexa, upon noticing the pungent odor, promptly asked her father, "What's mommy cooking?"
Hmmm...I really did think my cooking had improved since college. Maybe not...
1 comment:
Your kiddos are SO adorable! And wow, now I really think Chloe is going to be a tall girl after hearing how much(little)Brody weighs. But I'm sure he'll have his boy growth spurt here before you know it. I miss you and would so much love to live in the same city again to share in the journey of parenting two. But I guess we can be blogg buddies at least right!
Love, Sarah
Post a Comment