Emily got her wish. Back in college, when I teased her for her incessant obsession with her hair, or her prim and proper mannerisms, or the best yet, her prissiness, (and she teased me for a long list of other idiosyncrasies), we 'cursed' each other. I told her I hoped that one day she would have a daughter who was a total tomboy, and she told me she hoped I would one day have a daughter who wanted to carry purses and wear dresses every day. We are now on day 7 of the dress wearing phase.
And why do we wear dresses every day? It's a simple answer. Because she's Cinderella. If you don't believe her, watch her walk in her prissy dresses, holding one side of her skirt between her thumb and her forefinger as she sashays down the halls. And when people tell her she has a beautiful dress, what is the response? "I know." (we're working on "thank you.")So, now for the explanation of the beans. Several weeks ago, Alexa opened our pantry door and told me she needed a snack. I asked her what she would like, and she told me beans. I thought this was an interesting response, but not an unhealthy one, so I offered her every type of beans that we had, and she told me no, with increasing frustration. We ended up with a fruit snack that day. Later that week, I made a crock pot recipe that incorporates sausage and four types of beans. She didn't eat any of it. I couldn't figure out why my child continually asked for beans, yet refused them every time I offered them, until grandma and grandpa came into town. Alexa spent the night with them in their motorhome, and when I went by the next day to pick her up, she said, "Mom, I had beans with Grandma, and look, she has more!" I followed her tiny pointing finger to a container of M&Ms. Beans. Now, here's the interesting part about Alexa's new favorite snack. She hands back the brown M&Ms stating she doesn't like chocolate. Go figure.
Life is definitely entertaining! You really never know what a three year old will come up with next! I bought her some pink mary jane shoes the other day because they had the disney princesses on the inside sole. I was tired of seeing her wear her disney princess tennis shoes with her dresses because, as she put it, "princess shoes match a princess dress." I had no idea a three year old even contemplated matching! One day, she went so far as to put on blue socks with her princess tennis shoes and her pink dress because, "the blue matches the blue on Cinderella's dress." That would be the Cinderella on the side of her tennis shoes! So yes, we ran our errands with a flowery pink dress, blue socks, and tennis shoes, all the while holding the side of her dress with her two fingers. All we need is a tiara.
Brody also makes life entertaining in his own, smaller way! He adores his sister, watching her, smiling at her, and even laughing at her anytime they are together. His laugh is precious and we make fools of ourselves trying to hear it again and again. This is the age Alexa was when Billy deployed to Kuwait. I'm just so glad he will be around to watch firsthand with Brody all the milestones he only saw on video with Alexa.Anyway, that's enough rambling for tonight! Hope you enjoy the photos!!
4 comments:
cute!
No tiarra yet?!? Hmmm... Autie Em will just have to see what she can do about that!
I'm cracking up! And while Emily doesn't have a girl who's a tomboy (yet), she does have a boy, who by the way he's moving already will be rough and tumble for sure. Your little princess is so cute!
That Alexa is just too cute!! I can just picture her prancing around in her princess dress...now with matching shoes, of course!
Post a Comment