Saturday, April 28, 2007

What a Week!

Last Sunday, the 22nd was "Funday Sunday", an annual carnival the church we attend out here hosts. I really had no idea what to expect, but wow was it huge! Alexa LOVED it!! Everything (with the exception of the hot dogs and pizza) is free! Since Billy was out of town, I brought the kiddos by myself, and while we did some things with friends, most the stuff Alexa wanted to do, she had to be a big girl and do it by herself since I was strolling or holding Brody.

She was so excited to ride the big boat and I couldn't believe she picked the seat at the very top! She also rode the "Berry go Round" (a spinning ride similar to the Disney Teacups), got her nails painted, her hair painted, and went on a pony ride! She had a great time!!



It was also a great opportunity for me to test out the new sit 'n stand stroller I just bought! I LOVE this stroller! It is a little more compact and much more light weight than the traditional double strollers, plus the older child can sit or stand (as the name implies) so the parent does not have to pick them up to put them in the stroller - Alexa likes the new "big girl" seat and it makes my life so much easier when trying to take both of them places by myself! Here's a photo of Brody enjoying his new ride as well!

Thursday was her preschool field trip to the zoo (another fun time) as well as Brody's monthly weight check. At 16 lb 7 oz, he has gained almost a pound over the last month! He has gotten even closer to crawling this week, with a few knee movements here and there, but once he realizes I am watching him (or if I actually cheer for him), he quickly reverts to his sitting position and pops his thumb back in his mouth...

Billy was supposed to be out of town until next week, but instead, his trip was cut short due to a schedule change and he came home today!

That's the latest at our household...hope you enjoy the new photos!

4 comments:

Football and Fairytales said...

LOVE READING YOUR HAPPENINGS!!!!! Looks like you had a blast at the carnival! I need to invest in one of those strollers. Kynnedy is walking now, Emry wants to do whatever kynnedy does and good 'ole natured Eli just hangs out. I am thankful for one "calm" one out of the bunch!

Anonymous said...

Ooooo, that looks like it was SO much fun!! Glad to hear that Brody is doing well and putting on some weight. That Alexa, she is getting to be such a big girl! Miss ya!

Mama C said...

I love reading your blog and seeing all your pictures! It helps me feel more 'connected' with what's happening in your life!
I miss you out here in Utah!

Sarah said...

What fun pictures, and what a fun church! I miss you girl. Secretly, I'm praying that the springs might open up for you:). Oh, and TAG, you're it! You've been tagged for a blog meme, go to my blog for details.
Love, Sarah