Sunday, April 01, 2007

Oh, to be a butterfly...

Have you seen the 'sticks' that have become a popular way for women to pull their hair back? Ever since I first saw the girl in "Rush Hour II" whip her hair back in those things before taking on Chris Tucker, I've thought they seemed like a pretty easy yet stylish way to keep your hair out of your way. Little did I realize how DIFFICULT manuevering those little sticks actually was!! After much perserverance (and some help from my sister-in-law and mother-in-law), I finally figured out how they were supposed to work! Pleased with my new skill, I decided to wear my hair in the sticks to a church social yesterday evening. I was even more thrilled when, after hours of easter egg hunts and bubble blowing with the children, my hair was still held in place as securly as when I had left the house! Finally, I had actually managed to pull off a trendy hairdo. While reflecting on my hair success during our drive home, my daughter broke out into a huge grin in the back seat.

"Mommy looks like a caterpillar!" she announced to her father.

Yep. A caterpillar. Not a butterfly, the epitome of grace and style, but instead, the fuzzy insect that inches through life with those funny looking antennae sticking out the top of its head..so much for my trendy 'do - i
t can be a very humbling experience to see yourself through the eyes of a three-year-old...

No comments: