Easter Photos
I love Easter! I love that it means spring is just around the corner, that new life is blooming after surviving winter's cold. I love the excitement of my children as they search for something hidden and their joy at the discover of eggs with concealed treasure! And as an English major, I love the symbolism that can be drawn from the things I've described and the reason we even celebrate Easter to begin with...the celebration of Life overcoming death...the excitement of our belief in a Savior and the joy that can come only from Him...
On a much lighter level, I love any excuse to dress my children in adorable outfits, and my artistic side loves that, being a mommy, I now have an excuse to decorate perfectly plain white eggs!
My sweet daughter gave me reason to smile yet again while shopping for accessories for her Easter attire. She tried on an Easter hat, but it was too big. Forever my princess, Alexa told me, "That's ok...I can just wear a crown."
While the dress did look like a princess dress, I explained that crowns usually weren't worn to church on Easter Sunday, and we found a head band instead!
Our egg decorating day was a blast and even Brody got in on the action! We woke up to snow Easter morning, so the egg hunts were conducted inside. After church, the egg hunting continued as Alexa would be content to hide and find eggs year round!

Here's a few more cute photos from the day, including the two 'very serious' (and very handsome!) men in my family...




2 comments:
Looks like the Hill's are doing well in Iowa. We miss you!
Kirby,Juli and the kids
Snow on Easter!!! That is crazy! It sounds like ya'll had a lot of fun. Love, Robin
Post a Comment