Living in a Farm
Yes, you read the title correctly - not ON a farm, but Brody is now living IN one!
Many of you know that I painted theatre sets in college and afterward for a few church productions. I haven't painted in forever and I have really missed it lately. I also have felt like my son has always had a 'boring' room compared to his sister! One of his favorite books lately is a Peek-a-boo Farm book where the animals play peek-a-boo. I decided that it would be "fun" to paint a mural inspired from this book onto his walls!! Plus, he got a lot of John Deere toys for Christmas and they fit perfectly with his new theme! It's not quite finished (because I completely underestimated the amount of time it would take to transform a room into a farm when you still need to use the room!!), but here it is thus far! Brody seems to like it and each time I take him out of his crib, he excitedly points at the hills or the trees...hopefully soon there will be animals on "them thar hills" as well...
I mentioned in my previous post that spring has FINALLY arrived, so, I took some photos to prove that Iowa is indeed green and the trees do in fact grow leaves. I was beginning to wonder since we had visited Iowa in November and there were no leaves, and by April, there were still no leaves, but alas, here are photos of our yard in bloom! The gorgeous weather has made us all want to spend more time outside, so we decided to do our part in helping the economy by spending our stimulus check on some outdoor items, like furniture for our deck and a trampoline! The kids (ok, and the parents) have loved jumping, and we've already had a few meals on our table - now we just need guests, and thankfully, Billy's family will be arriving on the 22nd!!




I had a great Mother's Day on Sunday and as usual, my wonderful husband spoiled me! This year, not only did he send flowers, but I also got a spa gift card! Thank you babe for always treating me so well!!
Check back in about two weeks for fun photos from our time with Billy's family and Alexa's preschool graduation!
2 comments:
Awesome! Can I hire you to come paint my new house? I love it!
I read this forever ago and forgot to post a comment (outside of my head, that is)... Anyway, I love the room! It turned out so cute! I'm sure Brody loves his new little farm, and you did a great job! See... painting our furniture in college WASN'T a waste afterall!!
Post a Comment