Friday, May 23, 2008

My Preschool Graduate

Kindergarten, here we come! On Tuesday, May 20th, Alexa's class had their preschool graduation! They had quite the ceremony and the kids performed four cute songs! I took a few video clips shown below. At least now we know why our four year old seemed to be singing, "Who, Who, who let the dogs out?" for the last few weeks - she was ACTUALLY singing "Who let the LETTERS out?"!

She made the transition to a new school much easier than I expected, and loved her teachers - Mrs. McGrath and Mrs. Kommes. Every other Tuesday, several 8th graders came to the preschool classroom to tell the kids a bible story and work with them on a craft. Alexa's "bible buddy" was Blake, and though she was super shy when the bible buddies attended the graduation and presented the preschoolers with carnations, she talked about him all the time at home and was very worried about him when he missed two weeks because he was sick!


Wednesday the 21st was actually her last day of school and to celebrate, they had a party at the park. Brody and I attended and shared in the plethora of snacks. Brody particularly enjoyed the homemade trail mix which included goldfish and M&M's. After messily munching away, Brody slipped off the picnic bench and began walking around. I should have been paying closer attention to the situation, but I was talking with another mom when I noticed out of the corner of my eye that Brody was handing something to Mrs. McGrath. I heard her say, "oh, you want me to eat this M&M?" and before I could stop her, she popped it in her mouth. Brody confirmed my worst suspicions when he then reached down and picked up a second M&M from the ground and again offered it to her. Luckily, preschool teachers have a sense of humor!

Anyway, here are two of her songs - the first is Genesis 1:1 and the second is a cute song about the "Rules of the Classroom!"


1 comment:

Cotters R Us said...

Way to go Alexa! We are proud of you.