Thursday, June 17, 2010

And then came May...

May was packed with non-stop activity, and I loved every minute because it truly made the month fly! On the first, Alexa and I were able to have a mother/daughter outing while Brody had a play date with a friend. I let her choose the activity, so we had lunch at Max and Erma's and then got manicures!

One week later, my mom flew into town for a week visit and to help with childcare so I could finish a few work projects. She flew in the day before Mother's Day, making that holiday even more special. Alexa enlisted her help in bringing me breakfast in bed. After church, we headed to a local mall for lunch and shopping, and since the weather was so pleasant, we spent the evening playing in the yard with the kiddos.









Mom was also in town for Brody's spring preschool program!







Since Brody's birthday was quickly approaching, we let him open his gift from my parents and grandparents while mom was there to see him enjoy it - and enjoy it he did!! Brody has been quite obsessed with Buzz Lightyear lately, and the costume was a hit! In fact, I think he wore it every day for almost the rest of the month!









Though I worked a ton of hours, we also managed to squeeze in some time to take the kiddos and some friends to the park...








...and mom played with them on the trampoline. Trampoline photos always make me smile, so I had to share some of these silly poses!





Mom had to fly home on the 15th, but the kids and I only had to be alone for four days since my mother in law arrived for her visit on the 19th, which also happened to be Brody's last day of preschool.

Just as my mom was able to attend Brody's preschool program, my mother in law was able to attend the GA Talent show at our church on the 21st and see Alexa sing a few songs with her class. Brody enjoyed playing with a few of his friends who also had older sisters in the show. (Videos of the girls singing will hopefully be posted later this week!)





Sun Tok was also here for Brody's 4th birthday party which we celebrated on the 22nd, but that day will be covered in its OWN post along with our activities on his actual b-day on the 25th!

'Sugar Emo', a close family friend who lives in Virginia, made a trip to Columbus while Sun Tok was here and we enjoyed visiting with her as well.








On the 29th, we took the kiddos to the zoo to see the new polar bear exhibit...of course, once again, I only have photos of my kids PLAYING at the zoo rather than looking at the animals!





My mother-in-law had to fly home on June 1st, but her visit saw us through the end of the month. School ended on June 3rd, and immediately after picking Alexa up, the kids and I started our drive to Tennessee. We met up with my parents on the 4th and the kids returned to Texas with them for 'camp grandma/pawpaw' while I returned to Ohio...I joined them in Texas on June 17th. More on our time in Texas in the next posts!

No comments: