Sunday, August 01, 2010

August? Really?

It's August. And this blog has been severely ignored for the last four and a half months. It wasn't intentional...ok maybe it was at first....in April when Billy's R&R was over and he headed back to Kuwait, I definitely avoided the blog. I didn't even know where to begin with summarizing the incredible two weeks we'd had together, with documenting all of the family moments we'd squeezed in to 'make up' for the previous four months spent apart. It was too overwhelming and quite frankly too depressing to try to sift through the photos when the goodbye was still so fresh.
So April came and went without a blog update.

May brought a visit from my mom, then my mother in law, and then Brody's 4th birthday. I have some great photos from May...but how could I post those when I still hadn't successfully summarized the R&R visit?

So May came and went without a blog update.

The kids and I headed to Texas in June and spent a month visiting family and taking lots more photos and making many more memories. We returned home in July to jump right into VBS at our church, and then yesterday was Alexa's 7th birthday celebration - a 'star studded' event. Her actual birthday is tomorrow...which means its August. And football season kicks off soon. And school will start in three and a half weeks. And Billy will be home in just over 11 weeks (give or take a few days). And I am seriously behind on this blog. So its time to make a plan and tackle my procrastination. The goal is to put up one new post per day throughout this week in hopes that by Friday, I'll be 'caught up' with chronicling all of our activities from March until now. The posts probably won't be chronological, but at this point, something is better than nothing!! Hope you enjoy the few 'teaser' photos included with this post...check back at the end of the week for the full report!!

No comments: