Brody is now four weeks old!! He will be "officially" a month old this Sunday (the 25th). He is doing pretty well. Last weekend he suddenly started having a hard time breathing at night--he sounded like he had a bad sinus infection anytime we laid him on his back, so he spent most of the night sleeping on one of our chests while we sat up in bed. I took him to the doctor on Monday and the pediatrician said it sounds like he has reflux! (who knew a three week old could have reflux!?) He explained how the reflux related to the nose, but honestly, I've slept since then and can't remember well enough to give you a great explanation! Anyway, he said keep him upright for 45 minutes after he eats, let him sleep on his stomach during the day, and if he starts getting really fussy, they can give him some zantac! He's done much better the last few nights, so hopefully making those changes during the day will help him slowly start sleeping more and he'll eventually grow out of it. They weighed him at the doctor's visit and he now weighs 8 lb 4 oz!! I can't believe he's already gained over a pound since he was born! There is definately a difference between the eating habits of boys and girls, even at this age! (or at least there is for my two kids)Here's a few photos from the past week...
Our little Monkey!

Daddy's Hat

Daddy's Girl

A tolerant little brother...at this age anyway!
5 comments:
The picture with all the dolls cracks me up! :-) Hope you get the sleeping stuff resolved, that's no fun at all.
A friend of mine has a son that had reflux and he grew out of it. I am sure that Brody will too, really soon. The pics are so cute! I sent you an email too. Hope you got it!
Lots of love!
I MISS my babies!!! I can't wait to see them again in a coupld of weeks...
Love ya
Mom
I can't believe Brody is a month old already!!! Oh!! These babies just grow up SO fast!! Brody is just as cute as can be. I would love to see him in person and hope I get to pretty soon. Alexa is such a beauty!! I really love the picture of her and Billy. Just precious!!
Much love and prayers,
Aunt Judy
Hey Jen
Love all the pics. Thanks so mucuh for keeping me posted. And yes, you will notice a vast difference between the boys and girls. Having a girl first does not prepare you at all for a boy! The first thing that amuses baby boys is throwing remotes & handphones and watching them fall apart into tiny pieces. Dravid is only saying proper words now @ 19 months, when Saskia was doing it at 9 months!
Good luck girl! They're absolutely precious :)
luv ya heaps
deli
Post a Comment