Wednesday, June 07, 2006

Almost Two Weeks Old...

Brody will be two weeks old tomorrow! The days certainly seem to fly past when you're "on-call" every two to three hours! Brody is doing very well with his feedings though, waking up every three to four hours during the night, and eating every 2 to 2 1/2 hours during the day. He's discovering how to move his arms and legs now and keeps himself entertained by doing "baby aerobics!" His newborn skin issues (rashes, etc) are beginning to clear up and his jaundice is almost gone!

Alexa has adjusted pretty well to having a new member in the family and is a great big sister! While she may have a few more tantrums right now, which I'm sure is a result of having to share mommy and daddy's attention, she has not shown any aggression toward Brody. She wants to read to him every night and still shows him all his toys in hopes he'll decide to play with them!



She's still doing great with potty training, and was really excited this week to see her cousin Haylee! Haylee will be staying with John and Misty for the month of June, so they came up Monday and went to the Columbia zoo. Mom and Alexa went with them while Brody and I hung out at home.



Ft. Jackson owns a lake, Weston Lake, so we went on a picnic Saturday evening to let Alexa play on the playground while Brody and I just enjoyed being outdoors!




"Grandma" will be in town another week, and we've really enjoyed having her help and company! Alexa's not going to know what to do when she goes back home, but they'll be back up the first week of July for John's commissioning and graduation.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh he's so sweet! I'm so glad that Alexa is enjoying being a big sister for the most part. And, I can't believe how big Haley is! It blows me away!

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the updates Jen! Wow, before you know it, Brody's going to be crawling! Post more pictures too, theyre just awesome! Alexa looks like a little angel :) luv ya :) deli

Anonymous said...

Haylee has gotten so grown up! I can't believe how time has flown! Grandma Judy and Grandpa Bill should be very proud of their three perfect little grandkidos!

Anonymous said...

Aww...they are so sweet! I can't believe how big Alexa has gotten already. She looks like she loves being a big sister! Thanks for posting those pics. Can't wait to see more.

Love, Renee', Sean and the girlies

Sarah said...

I must say Jen, Brody looks like YOU a lot! I'm so excited to meet little Chloe, seeing Brody gives me the baby fever bad. Any orders yet? I sure hope so! I miss you, stay in touch!
Love, Sarah L.