That said, we have had a lot of fun the past few weeks! We had a wonderful visit with Billy's family, although after keeping up with my excited three-year old, they probably needed a vacation from their vacation!! We took the kids to "Leapin' Lizards" while they were in town and as you can see, everyone enjoyed the bounce house!
We also went down to Charleston one day and explored downtown as well as enjoyed some wonderful seafood. Here's a shot of Brody gumming a cracker at the restaurant!
Brody's ever growing hair was a source of entertainment for his Komo (Aunt Linda) as you can see from this new style she gave him!
Brody had his February weight check on the 13th and weighed 15 lb 4 oz! We have had two early intervention home visits now and everyone has been really great! Paige, the person coming over to work with Brody on his motor skills, goes to our church, although it is so huge, we had never met.
He doesn't go anywhere yet, but just being able to get to that point is great for him!
We also saw his new pediatrician on the 27th of February! After hearing my descriptions of Brody's medical history, he felt Brody definately had reflux and put him on Zantac. We will go back on the 27th of March to see if the medication has improved his congestion issues, eating issues, etc.
I was also shocked to discover this month that Brody decided to cut four teeth at the same time!! The bottom two and the top right tooth all broke through around the same time, and the other top tooth was right behind...once they get a little bigger, I'll try to take some pictures. Right now, it is impossible to get him to 'show them off!' When I try to get him to open his mouth, he puts his tongue over his bottom teeth!
Billy's birthday was also at the end of February. He's not a big cake fan, but he likes ice cream cakes and chocolate chip cookie cakes. I decided he should be able to have both for his birthday, but couldn't find anyone who made such a thing, so I decided to try an experiment and create my own chocolate chip cookie ice cream cake! Surprisingly, it was edible!
This weekend, Billy and I will celebrate our 7th wedding anniversary! I cannot believe how quickly the time has passed! We are going to Washington DC for the weekend to meet up with my family (built in baby sitters for a night out!). I'm sure I'll have lots of fun photos to post from that trip as well!
As usual, this entry would not be complete without a few of my favorite 'alexa-isms' from the past month. My absolute favorite was while Billy's family was in town. We were all in the living room, each busy with something, when Alexa came in and tried to engage each of us individually. After being given various reasons as to why we were each busy, she stood in the middle of the living room with her hands on her hips and announced, "Well, all I know is somebody's got to play with me!" (it worked - I think she had three people playing with her after that!)
Her recreation teacher at her preschool was not as amused with Alexa's other endearing announcement...
One evening, she was showing me the things Ms. Kittle teaches them at school, first balancing on one foot, then the other. "And then," Alexa said after finishing one balancing act, "she makes her bum bigger."
"She does what?!" I asked.
"She makes her bum bigger, like this-" Alexa then proceeded to bend over and touch her toes, her 'bum' high in the air.
I got lots of enjoyment sharing that story at the preschool! (now if only she knew of a way to make a bum smaller...)
1 comment:
That may be my favorite Alexa-ism yet! For those of you reading comments, it reminds me of an "experiement" we played on Jen in college. We all pretended to be too busy to talk to her when she came home one day. (This idea came only after we realized how every time Jen came home, we automatically put up our homework for about 30 minutes and listened to whatever stories she had to tell that day). So after realizing that she was being ignored, she went to her room, and we thought we had "won." Come to find out, we actually mad her cry! We felt really bad after that! So, while Alexa wasn't driven to tears, she obviously has a lot of her mom in her!! :-)
Post a Comment